"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

07 March 2011

Gall bladder removal at 10 meters....

Not quite as neat as what the doctor did to me, but effective  none the less....
I like my XD 40's....


Since I'm on vacation this week and not going anywhere due to the removal of my gall bladder last Wednesday night....

....I had my wife drive me out to the range this afternoon.  31 degrees and light snow.  The range area was a mudhole, but I was the only one on the short firing lanes, so it was pretty good.

I own 3 XD 40s.  One in each length.  The Tactical is new.  I just picked it up a week ago last friday night.  What day was that?  The 25th?  Yeah.  My days are all screwed up.

Yes, I was feeling pretty crappy that day but I had ordered it from a gentleman out of Indianola 2 weeks previously and we had agreed that I would pick it up at the gun show that was here in town that weekend.  I got out of bed and went down and picked it up, then came back home and went back to bed.  My oldest son bought an XD 40 from him also.  4" Service Model.  Nice pistol.

Anyway, no surprises with the 5" pistol.  You pull the trigger and it does the same thing the 4" and the 3" do.  Puts a round down range.  I like it.

5 rounds in the X, 10 rounds in the 10 ring, the remainder in the gall bladder.  I'm happy.  :)

Say what?  That's not the gall bladder?  OOPS!

Looking forward to nicer weather and better health.

Stay safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo... hows that empty spot doin ya? All okay, right?

Blue said...

Yep, Curtis, doing well. I've been walking every day, just got back from a mile and a half outside. It was good! Staples come out tomorrow. I'm pretty happy about that!

Thanks for asking. :)

Anonymous said...

Good. Glad to hear that. Hadn't heard from you on your blog for a few days. Just checking.

Anonymous said...

I think I'd go the surgery route too. Glad to hear your making such a fast come-back.

Brian said...

It too would opt for the Gall Bladder Removal surgery. All the best.