"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

24 August 2011

Jon Tumilson....



http://www.theblaze.com/stories/heart-wrenching-image-dog-keeps-watch-over-fallen-seals-casket-during-funeral/

Thank you for your service.  Rest in peace.

Stay safe.

9 comments:

Six said...

I cried openly and without shame.

Blue said...

Rockford is 50 miles from here. Makes it seem like a neighbor.

Brock Townsend said...

Reminds me of a print I have which was drawn after one of the many battles of Winchester. The slain Confederate's dog refused to leave his side and would not allow anyone to take the body for three days as I remember.

Did you see this?

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011081114270/editorial/rsn-pick-of-the-day/obama-guilty-of-betraying-navy-seals-team-six-secrecy-made-them-prey-of-muslim-terrorism.html

Borepatch said...

It's said that only the dog has see the face of his God.

Rest in peace.

Blue said...

Brock... that's quite the article. Comments are interesting.

BP... So sad. He knew what he was into. He was doing what he wanted to be doing. Still sad.

Brock Townsend said...

Yes, I remember driving a cab after Vietnam and there was a lady I took every day who told me her son had been killed there. I told her I was sorry, but she said, oh no, he volunteered to go and died doing what he wished. I'll never forget this.

Blue said...

Damn, Brock.... misting up these old eyes.

there are some truly special people in this world....

Home on the Range said...

Damn. I have no words. Godspeed good warrior.

Keads said...

Rest in Peace Sir.