"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

18 December 2011

Last day of deer hunting...

 The sun is a' coming...
 Sunrise...
 Watching...
 More aliens...  They're everywhere!
 Old panel van...
 Ford Customliner...
The quarry...


Skunked this year.  Doesn't happen often but, well, it happens.

Saw a lot of sign.  I saw one doe yesterday, Carl saw 2 on Saturday.  Saw two small does being carted out of one of the areas that we hunted on Friday.  A little snow would have helped.  Not that I want snow.  I hope we don't get any this year.   We have had 3 brutal winters in a row so I think we deserve a very mild one this year.  I suspect that ain't a gonna happen.

The up side is that I spent 5 days in the field with my oldest son.  He was a late starter to the hunting scene.  Had other things going on when he was a kid.  (Ice Hockey)  Ahhh well....  He came around :)

It ended up being 50 degrees today.  Definitely overdressed as the day progressed.  It was good for sitting but not so much for walking.  It's been a long time since it was 50 degrees in the middle of December in Iowa.

Anyway, that's about it.

Stay safe.

2 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

I liked the aliens, the van and ice hockey too! My childhood friend and I used to leave just enough water in his 1920's? swimming pool in the winter so we would have a nice rink when it froze. Was a lot of fun.

Blue said...

I think the van is a '52 or '53 Chevy. Kinda cool.

I played hockey on an adult travel team until about 6 or 7 years ago. This old body wouldn't take it anymore!