"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

04 January 2012

Surprised...?

Surprised?  No, not really.  Disappointed?  Definitely.

Romney is establishment.  I can't believe he did so well here in Iowa yesterday.  Perhaps Iowans think that Romney will take us back to the "Establishment before obama".  Seriously, folks, the "Establishment before obama" wasn't that great.

Perhaps we think that Romney won't take our Social Security away?  Who knows?

Seriously, folks.  Romney...  obama.  They're the same.  It's no change.  I still believe that the "fix" is in for Romney.  Scary.

I thought we were smarter than that.

I guess I'll have to do some research on Santorum.  He was 8 votes down in second.  I know nothing about him. 

It's still early, though.  Perhaps Paul still has a chance? 

Stay safe.

9 comments:

Rich T said...

Remember, 75% don't want him.

Also I just posted on how Paul might still win Iowa as the caucus is non-binding and relies on county delegates.

Blue said...

We can hope, Rich. :)

Brock Townsend said...

Hopefully and Rich I just noticed that we have posted similar pieces today.:) Not that it would be unusual since we're all in the same realm.

Blue said...

GMTA Brock! :)

Brock Townsend said...

Great? No, I always thought that it was brilliant!:)

Blue said...

I can go along with that. BMTA! :)

Blue said...

When we were kids there were 3 or 4 of us in the neighborhood that did everything together. Whenever we did something stupid my Grandmother would say "birds of a feather". Thats all. It took years for me to figure it out.

Brock Townsend said...

Birds of a feather flock together was one of my mother's favorites also.

RSS Ronald Reagan said...

I've been leaning toward Santorum since Bachmann bailed out. On Paul, the punditocracy keeps saying he's finished, but I'm not seeing it. He was fairly competitive...has a SUPER committed base...sufficient funds...and he's got a unique message that really helps him stand out from the others. He just might be able to go the distance. Who knows?