"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

04 March 2014

1993...



On February 28, 1993, Federal agents raided the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. Four ATF agents and six Branch Davidians were killed in initial raid.

A 51-day siege ensued, ending with an FBI assault during which the compound burned down, killing 76 people inside, including David Koresh.

~~~~~~~

Yes, I am a few days late in acknowledging the anniversary of the beginning of the Branch Davidian Massacre.   For those who don't remember, it was Bill Clinton and Janet Reno who ordered it.

What do you think?

Don't forget Ruby Ridge, Idaho and the Weaver family a few months earlier.  August 22, 1992.  More murders perpetrated by the Federal Government.  Bush the First was President then.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Those of us who live spitting distance from Ruby Ridge will never, ever forget the sight of tanks rolling down a little dirt road in the mountains. So when I hear people say, "It couldn't happen here", my first response is to want to smack them upside the head.

Anonymous said...

I watched that whole episode on national tv as it happened. When the fire started with the tank in the wall, I told those who watched with me that now a lot of lies would begin.

And they never stopped either.

Winston

Six said...

True story. I went to the FBI SWAT school oh so many years ago. After the first morning PT session we repaired to the classroom where the agents conducting the school spent the first 2 hours explaining why Waco and Ruby Ridge really weren't their fault. There was much eye rolling and incredulous faces. It was downright surreal.

Blue said...

Six... I'd be interested in hearing sometime, the reasoning used to lay blame on their victims :)

It's a crazy world we live in. I imagine a power struggle that goes on in situations like Waco and Ruby Ridge (between law enforcement and the citizen, criminal or otherwise). There is no way that the better armed force will back down and walk away anymore. I can identify a little with Koresh and Weaver in that I have a difficult time believing that I could just acquiesce and let the courts sort it out, hoping for the best. I do not trust my government enough to believe that they would gladly violate my rights and then treat me fairly in court. I use to believe strongly in our justice system. Back when I was a naive child. LOL.

I wish that I could understand it.

I can only assume that it is almost a military operation where the objective is to crush the "enemy". Nothing less will do. The use of superior firepower under the color of law to quash any dissent from the government approved norm.

Scary. :)

Winston... I remember watching those events, too. Ruby Ridge hit close to home for me because Randy and Vickie Weaver had lived here in my little town and had attended school at what eventually became my Alma Mater. Waco caught my attention because I was stationed just down the road at Fort Hood in the mid 70s.

Adrienne... I can't imagine what it must have been like for the Weavers and for their neighbors. An "area under siege", for sure. Like I said above, I can easily see myself in Randy Weaver's place...